Saturday, June 13, 2015

A New Journey

On June 9th I began a new journey when it comes to my life. I had sleeve gastrectomy surgery and the outcome so far has been going quite well. This journey is not short-term, but life changing. I am reminded in the Scriptures found at 1 Corinthians chapter 6 verses 19 and 20 where we read, "Don’t you know that your body is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought at a price. Therefore glorify God in your body" (HCSB). I am drawn to the fact that not only am I changing my physical body, but also my spiritual body given to me by my Lord and Savior. He created me and made me! Although in life we may think we are not who we should be, I can say that the Word of God tells us that we are fearfully and wonderfully made! God wants an intimate relationship with us and whats us to seek Him in all our endeavors. I know without a doubt that the success I have had up to this point of my recovery has come about because of all the prayers being lifted up on my behalf. I look forward to this physical and spiritual life change over the rest of my life and all the glory and honor will go to my Heavenly Father and the Lord and Savior of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment